2014 CALL FOR SPEAKERS IS NOW OPEN!!-
We are excited to announce that the 2014 International Bowl Expo will be held in Orlando, FL from June 22nd through the 27th. All educational seminars will be on June 23rd and 24th.
Education has been and will continue to be a primary focus as thousands will gather next year to learn new skills and the best practices that can be put into place at bowling centers and family entertainment centers around the world. In an effort of continuous improvement, we are again using the process that we have used since the 2012 IBE, in which educational speakers are selected for the upcoming Bowl Expo starting with a Call for Speakers.
In 2011 the BPAA commissioned a third party research company to interview attendees as well as non-attendees to Bowl Expo from both small and large centers. The results of this research has helped guide us on the topics covered as well as the desired content within the sessions. Since 2012, we kicked off both of our Educational days with a “Thought Leader” with the intent of challenging, motivating and inspiring attendees. The remaining educational sessions are branded as either a Game Changer which is intended to be a new product or service, or a Learning Lab which are intended to give attendees real world applications that can be put into practice at their respective locations. With the growing successful educational seminar reviews we again are using this same process.
Now that we have identified the areas of interest, we need to select the speakers to present those sessions. If you would like to be considered as a speaker Bowl Expo 2014, please complete the “Call for Speakers” submission by completing the form below. All fields must be completed within the field limitations in order for your submission to be considered.
If selected as a speaker for 2014:
- Complete Bowl Expo Registration ̶ $299 Value
- Single 10x10 Exhibitor Booth ̶ $1,675 Value
- Turnkey Booth Package, includes carpet, skirted table and chairs ̶ $73 Value (Electrical connection is not included).
A limited number of non-industry compensation packages are being made available for 2014. Please contact Kelly@bpaa.com or 800-343-1329 ext 8462 for all inquiries.
If you have an associate or know of someone that would like to be considered as a speaker for International Bowl Expo 2014, please feel free to forward this link to any and all interested parties. The “Call for Speakers” will close 9-30-2013.
All completed proposals are reviewed by BPAA-Bowling University Education Team and committee members. Speakers will be notified by December 1st, 2013.
The deadline for the 2014 Call for Presentations is Monday, September 30, 2013.
The IBE education program is the leader in the bowling industry for sharing ideas, exploring new concepts and introducing attendees to the latest knowledge, trends, technology and best practices in the attractions business.
IBE Education program attendees are owners, operators, management and key staff members of traditional bowling centers and bowling based entertainment centers. The majority of attendees are also buyers at the trade show. Other audience members will be staff from various departments and responsibilities within the facility.
Subject Areas Include but are not limited to:
||Bowling Entertainment Centers
|Food & Bar Service
||Sales & Revenue Generators
||Increasing Profits through Cost Savings
Proposal Submission Process -
- Complete and submit the online Call for Presentations Form. Please be sure to:
- Review & Verify all information before submitting entry as information you submit may be published and used in marketing materials.
- Submit the proposal by September 30, 2013.
- All proposals will be acknowledged with an email confirmation and summary of your submission. proposals will be reviewed by December 2013.
Please contact our Education Department after December 31, 2013 date if you have not received a response.
Proposal Review Process
Applications will be judged on their educational merits, relevance and timeliness for the industry. By December 31st 2013, an email will be sent to each Applicant notifying them of the final selection status of their proposal.
Through the various processes, the following criteria will be used in determining which topics will be included in the program:
- Is the content current and practical?
- Is the topic useful to the audience?
- Will the topic be presented without marketing a specific product, brand, or service?
2014 Call for Speakers-Guidelines
This year, we will continue our pledge to “Go Green” and provide only paperless supplemental materials for our Education Sessions. All prospective 2014 speakers should familiarize themselves with this information.
What BPAA-Bowling University and the International Bowl Expo expects from speakers:
- Provide electronic versions of appropriate slides, handouts, and/or other supplemental materials related to their session to Bowling University to be posted online for members and attendees to access. Materials must be provided in advance so that PDF versions can be made available to attendees during the Expo. Speakers should be willing to commit to submitting electronic Handout materials by June 1, 2014.
- Sessions may include a maximum of two (2) speakers per session.
- Speakers at IBE educational sessions are expected to provide educational presentations with no commercial influence. Sales and product promotions are strictly prohibited during IBE education sessions. Failure to comply will influence future consideration of presentations.
- Speakers may use their own equipment but should plan to forward, bring their final presentation on a USB device or DVD, as backup for any unforeseen incidents.
- Speakers grant IBE and Bowling University permission and rights to record their session and make the recording and materials available through bowlexpo.com and bowlinguniversity.net websites and BPAA publications at BPAA’s discretion, including for sale. If a speaker does not want their session recorded they must notify the Education Department in writing prior to the start of IBE, and receive written acknowledgment that their request has been recorded.
- Upon completion of the 2014 IBE BPAA-Bowling University will send a complete summary of the speakers survey, feedback and scores in comparison to the average score for the all the 2014 education sessions.
What Speakers may expect from BPAA-Bowling University and the International Bowl Expo:
- We will notify all speakers submitting to the Call for Speakers by December 31, 2013 to advise them if their session has been selected for inclusion in 2014 IBE.
- We will provide the audio/visual equipment for each session. This will include: a computer (if requested) connected to a projector, screen and audio, a speaker’s podium with microphone, and a lavaliere microphone. Any further need must be requested in writing prior to the start of the 2014 IBE.
We will strive to promote and acknowledge speakers and their sessions through the Bowlexpo.com website and printed materials.
- We will provide attendees with access to electronic versions of the supplemental materials (including PDF versions of presentations, handouts, notes, etc) which are provided. We will not print or distribute printed materials. You may print your own copies at your own cost approximately 200 copies would be needed. However we encourage your going “green” and posting your handouts.